New Life Assembly of God adheres to the following Statement of Fundamental Truths, which contains the 16 doctrines of the Assemblies of God Church.
Four of these — Salvation, the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, & the Second Coming of Christ — are considered Cardinal Doctrines which are essential to the church’s core mission of reaching the world for Christ. The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith & practice, & the following Statement of Fundamental Truths is intended to serve as a basis for fellowship among us.
16 doctrines of the Assemblies of God Church:
- The Scriptures are inspired by God & declare His design & plan for mankind.
- There is only one true God — revealed in the Trinity — Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ — as God’s son Jesus was both human & divine.
- Man willingly fell to sin, ushering evil & death (both physical & spiritual) into the world.
- Every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation (trusting Christ through faith & repentance to be our personal Savior). 1 of 4 Cardinal Doctrines
- Two ordinances of the church: (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins & receiving Christ’s gift of salvation & (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering & death for our salvation.
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit — a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing & effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. 1 of 4 Cardinal Doctrines
- The initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost & referenced throughout Acts & the Epistles.
- Sanctification (to be made holy or free from sin) initially occurs at salvation & is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God & become more Christlike.
- The church has a mission to seek & save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the church’ is the Body of Christ & consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- A divinely called & scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers — the Church & to meet human need with ministries of love & compassion.
- Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today & is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). 1 of 4 Cardinal Doctrines
- The Blessed Hope — when Jesus raptures His church prior to His return to earth (the second coming). At the time of the second coming, all believers who have died will rise from their graves & will meet the Lord in the air, & Christians who are alive will be caught up with them & will reside with the Lord forever. 1 of 4 Cardinal Doctrines
- The millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming & begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel & the establishment of universal peace.
- A final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sins & consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- The perfect New Heavens & a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, over all time, who have accepted Him. We will live & dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth.